Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hearts and Hands.

We moved to a coastal town to start a new adventure even knowing what an impact that the oil spill was having in the area. Times are hard for most here and I know that they are going to get worse before they get better. I will not leave, now that we are here, because just in the short time living here I have discovered that this is a community that loves....loves what the ocean gives to them and loves all the people that feel the same. We are very fortunate to have some very strong individuals that call our coastal community their homes too. One of those is Lucy Buffett.  She had a chat with one of the CBS news reporters and she spoke of what I feel in my heart as well. She made the comment that "the ocean, she will heal herself in time" and she will. She also talked about the fact that it is going to take each of us helping one another to make it through all of this. I have no doubt in the people that I have met so far that we will survive this...together. Having my muse whispering while I was sitting and thinking about what Lucy said made me want to doodle.




I'm going to take this doodle and try to do some tshirts with it......post them for sale...donate a portion of any sale and start a fund to help in some way down here.. It's my community and I'm proud of it. A small way I know but I hope that I can count on some of my good friends to help by purchasing one.  Hearts and hands.....helping one another!! I will post and let you know when I get the tshirts up for sale. If you are interested please leave me a comment or send me an email. Thank you and until next time...........

Hugs,
Regi

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to give back and really become part of your new community- truly moving!

    ReplyDelete