Sunday, July 31, 2011

OMGOSH...Beads beads everywhere

I think I am about to go cross eyed here....LOL  I have been beading the faery butterfly wings all weekend. Ok well that's a lie...I have been beading ONE of the wings all weekend. I hope to have it completed tomorrow so I can start on the other one and then actually get to work on the faery sculpt that goes with them. I know some of you are thinking "Hummmmmm...Regi sure is getting old and slow" and there is a tiny bit of truth to that statement. A TINY BIT!!!! What's taking so much time is that I am removing beads from an antique dress and using them for the beads. I don't know if you know this but back in the day (and NOOOO I am not saying I remember it from experience, so shoosh) when a dress was sewn and hand beaded they put each bead on individually. I am not complaining at all....just explaining why it's taking some time to get my wings done. I'm trying to just take off the beads I need for this project for now. I want to take some of the fabric of the dress with the beads attached and make a witch's outfit with it....but that's a post for another day. So what creative endeavor have you been up to this weekend?

I also wanted to let all my friends that come to visit me here at the old Southern oak tree in on a secret. For the next week anyone that wants to purchase any of the items I currently have for sale in my Etsy shoppe, I will take $10 off the listed price. Just send me a note through Etsy before you buy and I will make the change for you and note that the item is for purchase by you only. I am doing it for this week only. The reason being (1) that I love all of you and (2) the Chazman seems to have gotten to big for his britches....literally!!! I need to buy him some school uniforms and the proceeds from any sells are going to go for that. Pass it along to all your friends. I would greatly appreciate it and so would the Chazman. Poor dear doesn't want to wear his birthday suit to school...hehe!!!

Until next time................Hugs, Regi (and the Chazman)

No comments:

Post a Comment