Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Thank YOU!!!

I want to thank YOU for being one of my prayer warriors this summer. It's been a rough summer and I would NOT have made it through it if I hadn't of had YOU in my corner. Some are smiling and some are shaking their noggins at me. I haven't told many but perhaps to strengthen some of those prayers and because I trust those that visit under the old Southern ooak tree I need to explain a bit more.

In May I had to make a trip to the ER. I thought it was a BAD case of food poisoning. Those that know me know that it must have been bad for me to make a trip to the ER. Argg!!! I normally just suck it up or cowboy up as my Daddy use to say. That wasn't happening this time around. It seems it wasn't food poisoning but a bad case of colitis. While I was there they did a CAT scan on me. Funny but no cats were involved. I had this picture of them letting hundreds of cats run all up and down me....Bahahaha!! Anyway, they discovered that I have a rare SAA (splenic aortic aneurysm). Yeppers, a time bomb waiting to go BOOM!! Yes, I'm joking and probably shouldn't be but I have to at this point. I've cried too much about this. Stressing even more is the last thing I need to be doing. Still waiting to be sent to a surgeon for this but at this point they just aren't sure how to handle this that will give me the best chance at survival. I think I would rather NOT have known about this!!

Due to the colitis I had to go to a GI and he decided to do a colonoscopy and EGD on me. What FUN that was peoples!!!  The colonoscopy found polyps but they were benign. Thank the LORD. Unfortunately the EGD was another matter. Biopsies came back that I have Barrett's. It's where the cells of the esophagus start turning into intestinal cells. Those cells can become cancerous....adenocarcinoma. Yep again, I'm a bit worried and scared. They will do a EGD every year to monitor cells and hopefully catch any that become cancerous.

Now I have PROOF that I'm one very weird person. SAA is rare and Barrett's is normally a man's disease. Geesh, pooh and piffle!!!

I had to stop working for a bit and that's really hurt us especially with all the medical bills coming in from all of this and I know more is coming. We have insurance...good insurance but that still doesn't cover it all. Before you say anything I'm not asking for anything. Well, ok maybe I am. I've listed a variety of my one of a kind and unique art in my Etsy shop. For those of you that visit here I wanted to offer a special discount coupon you can use. At checkout use code HELP4REGI and you will receive a 20% discount on your purchase. If you are one of my neighbors (live in Foley, Gulf Shores or Orange Beach) and send me a message before you purchase I will remove the shipping cost and deliver to you personally so that I can give you a BIG "Thank you" hug. I LIKE hugs!!! If not from here don't panic when you see shipping. I ship everything Priority mail and it will arrive within 3 days to you. If you don't want me to ship that way and just send regular mail then message me and we will figure out new shipping for you. YOU must message before you purchase though. ^_^

I'm wanting to go back to work but for now it's going to have to be part time so pppplease keep your fingers crossed that I can find something. I have a family to help feed and one is 12 and is eating us out of house and home...literally!! Bahahahaha

Again, thank you so much for helping me get through all of this. Your continued prayers and healing thoughts are GREATLY appreciated peoples.

Hugs and tons of love,
Regi

Just click on sidebar to go directly to my Etsy shop. Hopefully, I will be adding some new items shortly. I'm thinking Halloween and more Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll email you. Big hugs to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz. I'm blessed with some wonderful friends. YOU being one of them.

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete