Monday, August 27, 2012

Very interesting weekend....VERY!!

Beautiful blue skies, temp 79 and the wind blowing, making the trees sway back and forth like they are dancing to music we can not hear.  Tomorrow is going to be a completely different scene I fear!!  YIKES, our first hurricane since moving to paradise a little over two years ago. I guess I shouldn't complain since they are few and far between but I am praying and wishing that "Issac" will just fade away never to be heard from again. HEY...I can wish...it works sometimes!!!

We spent most the weekend getting prepared for the worse. Food for at least three days that doesn't require cooking. Which means lots of tuna fish, potted meat and PB & J sandwiches but to the Chazman...that's a good supply. Enough water to last the three days..Gatorade for the Hubbikins since he is "allergic" to the water.  ^_^  We made sure we had candles (honeydew melon...smells so good....I know, plain candles would do just as good but why not have a soothing fragrance along with the light), batteries, flashlights, ya know all the things necessary. Now if we can just get the nerves to settle down, we will be good. The Chazman is chillin and doesn't seem to be effected at all...so far!! He is excited that school has been cancelled for the next three days. Better to be over cautious than to take chances I suppose. I'm not sure how excited he will stay when I tell him that they will lose part of the Thanksgiving holiday to make up these days but that's a bridge I'll cross when I get there. HA!!

We did find a few treasures this weekend while we were out and about. We haven't been sale-ing the yards as of late and it was good to do some treasure hunting. It helped calm the nerves...oh yes it did!! The Chazman bought a HUGE stuffed reindeer...he is going to use it as a big pillow while watching TV at night...good buy and smart thinker and just imagine..he is mine. ^_^  He also found two dinosaur toys....watch out GI Joe...HEHE!!! The Hubbikins bought a brand new pair of Niki's for $4 at an Estate sale. YES...I said brand new for $4. I found a carved wooden bear, metal sleigh, tiny heart pill box and tulip cup and saucer. I'm excited about the wooden bear. I'm going to use him as a pattern to make some more bears to use with my Santa series ooaks. The pill box and cup are going to house tiny faeries. I think you can figure out what I'm going to use the sleigh for.

On our way home we stopped at the Robin's Nest. A cute little vintage/antique/flea market. They always have the most wonderful selection of items. Saturday was no different. I bought a cute little porcelain egg. I'm seeing a faerie poking her head out of it already. ^_^  My best find was a lovely vintage wicker sleigh. Perhaps though, the best part of stopping by the nest was that I'm going to be placing some of my ooaks there the end of October. They asked what I was going to do with the sleigh and when I told them they asked if I would let them put some of them in their shop to sell. OH YEAH BABY....of course I said yes. I stood there for a moment...didn't JUMP and say yes right away. I mean...I didn't want to seem to excited. HAHA!! That's not the reason I stood there for a moment though. I was actually in shock. Keep those fingers and toes crossed for me. She has a clientele of interior designers that come and shop with her. I may just have found my niche!!!

Here's my finds: Oh OH OHHH...I forgot about the material. A white linen with a pretty fringe edging and an apron with a very interesting pattern of threads...on the backside, which I'm going to use instead of the front side for a really interesting Santa coat. See, I told you, it was an interesting weekend!!


I hope that YOU had a great weekend too. I have each of you in my thoughts and prayers for this new week. Stay safe to all those living in the Issac zone...keep wishing HE will just go away, quietly!!!

Until next time...HUGS,
Regi

5 comments:

  1. stay safe .. I'll watching the weather .. GA will may get some wind and rain... hugs wedny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and my Alex are kept out of harm's way with this hurricane!! BE SAFE!

    Love all your new treasures and I have all fingers and toes crossed for you!! You'll be famous one day...and will hopefully remember all us "little people", lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well, and you're in my thoughts! If things get tense, just smell that candle and think of Christmas!!!!! Take care - love the new goodies! xoxo

    PS GREAT NEWS about the shop! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found some great pieces! Have fun and congratulations on the opportunity to sell in that store! How exciting! As for the storm - be safe! I rather enjoy a good storm as long as no terrible harm is done, so curl up with a flashlight and a good book and settle right in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, girl, that sounds scary. I keep everything crossed that you will be safe.
    Great finds, I love that pink cup and saucer!

    ReplyDelete