Friday, August 31, 2012

Having to keep cotton in my ears...LOL!!!

It seems that my muse is truly causing a ruckus in my studio. She has been leading Santa in a song that is beginning to sound like "99 bottles of caramel frappes on the wall". Of course, it's not THAT song but the old faithful that all my characters seem to enjoy bellowing out...very LOUDLY I might add!!! Oh ya know the song, "I AIN'T GOT NO BODY". They are driving me bonkers, for reals!!! I know you are sitting there laughing at me because you know if I have a muse that sings then I must be bonkers..hehe

I have been working on the wire armature today along with getting the base painted with my special snow mixture. It takes at least over night to dry so it's not tacky. We can't have tacky snow, now can we? ^_^

Once I got the armature made and wrapped I made the middle body section....ya know...Santa's bowl full of jelly!! You will see in the WIP photo how I make my soft body characters. Don't panic though when you see the skinny white arms and bird legs and big green belly, I still have to wrap it up in the yarn. I love using yarn as the underclothing. I finished the felt boots today along with the sweater sleeves too. I think I have gotten a good bit accomplished even with all the singing bellowing going on up in here!!!



I'm thinking of doing some bead work on the boots but haven't really decided for sure yet. Santa's cloak usually hides most the shoes so I'm not sure I want to add that much to something that won't really be seen. Ya know...kinda like the toe issue!!

Until next time..........HUGS,
Regi

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see him finished!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so weird seeing Santa in bits,I am glad you didn't photograph the pieces on a red cloth, otherwise I would have thought a mad axeman had attacked Santa. Oh good grief, what will my brain come up with next, sigh. I should stop watching horror movies, lol.

    ReplyDelete