Friday, June 6, 2014

Take a moment....to remember them!!

D-Day is the military lingo for when an operation or event will take place. Most think of D-Day as one event, Operation Overlord that happened on June 6th, 1944. The largest amphibious military operation in history. The heroism and bravery displayed by troops from the Allied countries on this D-Day should always be remembered!!!

Happy Friday to YOU and thank you for stopping by. I hope today is just the beginning of an adventurous weekend. ^_^   Mine will be getting off to a slow start since the Chazman decided he just couldn't go to sleep last night (yes...he is a night owl. can't imagine whereeee he gets that from..hehe) and decided to sit up until 3:30ish and play one of his strategy games. So being the nice, sweet, caring momma that I am....I'm going to let him sleep until 9ish and then his hiney is getting up so we can be off exploring.

Since I have some time before I drag, pull, use ice water get him up, I'm going to work on some more necklaces. These are going to be mermaid tails. I just love the broken whelks and conchs that show their inside swirls.


Ohhhhh....I forgot to show you what I made the other day for *ahemmm* myself. Well....I like to wear pretties too ya know. I like wearing the top and sides of my hair back and letting it hang down. I use to use scrunches and now I use bobby pins. So much you can do with bobby pins but they are soooo boring and plain. Sooooo, I made some non boring ones and got so many compliments on them. I'm thinking of making more sets to put in my Etsy shop.

Yeppers...I even made some matching earrings.

Yesterday I spent time going through some new shells (thank you Diane) and came up with some new designs. I was able to get four done and I LOVE them all. My muse was so so happy happy happy yesterday.


I used natural polished hemp rope (I like the polished because it doesn't scratch like regular hemp can), a scallop shell for the base. Oliver shells and a broken conch for the sunflower or would that be olive flower, hehe!! Coquina shell for the butterfly. The rope part is 19 inches (yeah, don't know what happen to that extra inch) and has bone beads and polished amber quartz stone beads. Did you know that amber quartz represents warmth and brings out creativity and also is believed to bring relief from burnout and give a joyful outlook? I love using healing stones!!



This beauty is 22 inches long and is of course made from the polished hemp. I used a scallop as the base with a large piece of barnacle for the focal. There is a natural piece of coral poking out from the barnacle with two polished rose quartz beads and a tumble quartz stone.On the rope are more polished rose quartz beads. Rose quartz is believed to heal one's heart from pain and disappointment.


Now here's one that I would put in my mermaid inspired pieces. I LOVE it!! I think of bubbles when I see it because of the circles that are in the design. All created by Mother Nature too. I do not paint my shells...I just use as the gift they were given to me as. This one is on a 18 inch hemp rope. The shell medallion is about 4 inches long, that's from the top of the shell to the bottom of the wee tiny vial. A scallop shell was used as the base. On top are a piece of coral, kittens paw, moon shell and another scallop shell. Don't ya just love those natural circles on it? Me too.The vial holds sand, tiny auger shell and tiny conch from Gulf Shores. I used tiny rose colored Swarovski crystals and polished clear quartz stones on the rope. Clear quartz is believed to bring clarity to your communication and amplify your thoughts, which may assist you by stimulating clearer thinking. We can all use that....clearing thinking!!


Here's one of my whimsical ones using one of my handmade manatee clay charms. They have such sweet lil faces...ya just want to pinch em. (ya know...like Grandma use to do when she hadn't seen ya for so long..hehe) This one is 20 inches long. That measurement, on all of my necklace, is the actual length of the rope part....the medallion will add more length to the whole piece.....of course. A scallop is the base with a kitten paw and moon shell attached. A tiny scallop shell fans out on the top. Simple but pretty black acrylic beads and Tibetan beads were used on the rope.

I had FUN yesterday and plan on having even more today with designing. I hope that your day is filled with everything you love to do. OK...well....perhaps you can't do everything you love to do but at least try and pick one.

Until next time............Hugs,
Regi

No comments:

Post a Comment