Thursday, March 5, 2015

I LOVE to recycle old pieces!!

Happy Thursday peoples!! Ohhhh, it's going to be a rather blustery and wet day here today. The leaves and bare branches are just a dancin up a storm. Bahahaha....get it.....dancing up a STORM. OK, ok, I do believe I've had my quota of coffee for the day. yes?

My last post was about the Holiday tree at work and I wanted to show ya'll the pics of all my decorations after I put them all up.



The customers are really enjoying the tree being changed up it seems as some of our regulars are giving me suggestions and ideas for future trees. Job security, eh? HEHEHE

Now, let's talk about what I meant with my title of  "I LOVE to recycle old pieces". One of my favorite things to do on a rainy Saturday is to wander through some of the local flea and antique markets. I'm one that will rummage through all the old jewelry pieces. I really love it when I find broken pieces and just because it's broken doesn't mean it can't be taken apart and turned into something completely new and beautiful. I have discovered a few pieces in the past and since I'm working again I needed something to make my (small) wardrobe go further and by making jewelry pieces, I can change the look up. Here's a few pieces I've made so far.






All of these pieces were taken from old broken jewelry pieces. Ya would have never known if I hadn't told ya, ri iight?? See what YOU could do too? It's fun browsing, hunting and finding and then really exciting when you sit down and SEE just what your new piece could be. Try it.....you'll like it!!!

Until next time..............get UP and do something,
Regi

No comments:

Post a Comment