Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pinterest addict here!!!

Good Golly Miss Molly.....I have become addicted to Pinterest!! How in the world did that happen? hehe

Thank you for stopping by today to visit and please forgive me not being here under the old Southern ooaks tree as of late. As you discovered in my last post I am working part-time (and making real money...woohoo) and something you didn't know......is that I am also dealing with what might be a tear in my ACL. No fun..no fun at all BUT since I have to sit and have RICE (that's not as in rice you eat...although, I do love rice....it's Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) I have really been doing a good bit of drooling looking at Pinterest here lately.

Ya'll know how much I LOVE to decorate for holidays and we have one of my favorite coming up. Easter!!!
I love what Easter represents to us as Christians and I also love the fun that can be found in it too. Since I haven't been able to move around as much when I'm home I haven't done as much decorating as I normally do but I have done some.....to make the Chazman happy happy and me as well.


Here's my pretty wide ribbon wreath transformed yet again...hehe. All the materials I used to add to my wreath were found at the Dollar Tree. LOVE, love, love the Dollar Tree. Even the pretty lil rabbit hanging above is a Dollar Tree find.


Once you step in the front door you are entering the Regi B&B area. Which is really our front sunroom but it can accommodate a guest, hence the nickname.  Mr Bear gets dressed up for so many holidays and loves wearing his Easter beads. Which are really Mardi Gra beads.....love that we can use them for so many more holidays than just Mardi Gra. Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!

If ya didn't know about the B&B already then here's the proof.....yes I have a bed in the sunroom. ^_^  The bowl next to the cute vintage bunny basket is filled with more Mardi Gra beads in pretty Easter colors. Plastic eggs from several years use are sitting on top.

Our family area......a cute Easter garland with tiny glitter eggs hanging from the mantel is my banner for this year. Here is why I mentioned Pinterest earlier. So many cute ideas and I found one that is going to take me to Dollar Tree to buy several plastic eggs. Just look what Kelly over at Electrically Vintage did with some.


If you look at my mantle and to the left you will see a grouping that is small, simple but holds memories for me.
The tiny glass bunny was my mom's and using it makes me feel as though she is here with us. The hanging egg is one I made several years ago. This one I made using a paper mache egg as the base but I have done them using real eggs. Here's a HOW TO link if you would like to give it a try.....have FUN!!!

Here are two more photos of our home decorations. Can ya tell I love bears? Ummmm, probably just a wee bit, yes?



That's all for today but for the next few days I'm going to be posting about cool things I discovered on Pinterest for Easter. Hope you will come back to visit!!!

Until next time...............Hugs,
Regi

1 comment:

  1. I Love the Wreath, & Thanks for the peek into your Easter Decoration, I always have good intentions on Decorating for any of the Holidays, However I never get it accomplished. Thanks for sharing, Have an Awesome relaxing " Rice " Day

    ReplyDelete