Saturday, June 20, 2015

Which vintage Horror character do YOU like?

WOOHOO.....it's the weekend peoples!!! I hope that you have plans to get up or get out (or both) and do something FUN this weekend.

I'm hoping to do some treasure hunting today. That's going to yard sales, flea markets and such for those that don't know. Ya know the saying "One man's junk is another man's treasure" and I have to totally agree. Ummm, most of the time that is. ^_^

I'm planning on working on yet another EWWL (EVErY WiTcH WaY LaNe) challenge. This is such a fun group. They do a monthly challenge with each month being different and then put the finished pieces on their blog page to sell. Those of you that are Halloween lovers would LOVE this group AND their blog....just sayin!!

This month's challenge which I'm sure y'all have guessed by my title is "Vintage Horror" characters. I LOVE vintage anything and when ya add the horror factor in, then, well, I'm one happy camper indeed. Just not one of those campers at any of those haunted, scary camps.....with a guy in a mask and with a big knife and scary, creepy music going. Bahahaha!!!

Once again my quirky whimsical muse wanted to do one that perhaps others wouldn't do. I know my first thought was of Frankenstein's monster or the king of hickeys....Dracula. I love those guys but decided that I was going to do another character that was both handsome and creepy. Can ya guess?


Well, did ya guess right? I have always loved this story and I think it's one of the reasons that I studied psychology in college. BAHA....a decision of what to study based on a horror story. Only me peoples...only me. The original story was written in 1886 by a Scottish writer named, Robert Louis Stevenson. (probably heard of him, eh?) He was always intrigued by how personalities could affect us, being both perhaps a good and evil side. His story had such a strong impact that when someone referred to a person with "split personality" that they would also use the term "Jekyll and Hyde".

My muse is just a humming with so many ideas for this piece. I'm even going to use this movie poster in my piece. My thoughts are running to doing a clay bust piece with the handsome Dr. Jekyll as the front and then when you turn him around.....there is the creepy Mr. Hyde. I'm toying with doing a full body as well and doing the same thing with the faces. I'm sure it will tell me soon which it wants to be.

If you come and sit under the old Southern ooak tree then I bet you remember the latest clay piece I have been working on. It's been sitting in one of my bins for awhile because it just couldn't decide what it wanted to be. That problem is no more peoples.


Meet Dr. Henry Jekyll....the handsome, debonair and reputable doctor.


Meet Mr Edward Hyde....the evil, dastardly villain. 

I hope that you will check back in to see the progress on this new piece. I'm kinda excited myself to see how it's going to turn out. ^_^

Until next time.................
Regi


No comments:

Post a Comment