Thursday, June 11, 2015

WIP on EWWL swap piece!!

Good Golly Miss Molly but I'm beginning to think that perhaps I should have done a simple Day of the Dead painting on this rocking horse. What was I thinking? Well.....ummmm....I was thinking of dragons. BAHAHA

Since I work part-time and am dealing with a few medical issues I'm only getting to work on this piece for short time periods. I still have until the 25th to "get er done" so I'm not panicking........YET!!!!

WIP

I do have all the under scales on and the skin painted red. The little white tabs on the legs are claws and will be painted too. I mean, seriously, what man eating dragon would have such white claws, ri iight? I'm going to highlight the scales with orange and some other detailing but I'm not giving that away at the moment. I know, I can be so baddd!!!

I made a trip to our local Hobby Lobby (SO SO SOOOOO happy that we have one now in our little town. The hubbikins, not so much. HEHE) and found some really cool items to use for this piece. 


I'm going to use the papers on the rockers and then the skeletons will be disassembled and dem bones attached over the papers.


Y'all should have been at Hobby Lobby when I spotted these AWEmazing dragon eyes. I actually did a little happy dance right there in the aisle. Oh yes, I did peoples!!!

Now, I'm going to work on the dragon for a bit before I have to finish getting ready for work AND if I'm not completely POOPED by the time I get home this afternoon then I'm going to work on it some more.

Until next time..................
Regi

2 comments:

  1. WOW Regi, that's a lot of work! Those eyes are beautiful too! What a great find! You're always lucky with finding treasures. I am jelly. ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Johanna. Would you like some dragon eyes in your next goodie box? ^_^

      Delete