Friday, January 1, 2010

Owww weeee....Something's cooking!!!!

Owwwww weeeee...something is smelling oh so good in the kitchen. That is one thing that I love about New Year's Day...all the wonderful home cooking that I do for my family. There's a Boston butt roasting in the oven...black-eyed peas cooking in the crock pot....collards simmering on the stove. Oh..thank the good Lord that I was born a Southerner.

Sausage balls were made this morning so we would have something to snack on during the day while waiting on all the fantastic food cooking for dinner. Made just enough not to overstuff ourselves...LOL!! Double chocolate chunk brownies were made before the butt went in...had to hide those so the Chazman wouldn't be snacking on more than the sausage balls.

I hope that you have some wonderful "cooking" traditions that you are involved in today. We would love to read about what they are. It's so nice to learn about different traditions....especially the food ones.

We can all start that "gotta lose weight" resolution tomorrow!!!!!!!


Until next time...

Hugs,
Regi

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet is smelled SO GOOD in your house!!! I had a "night off" in the kitchen and just made some fish sticks. I was tired!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I bet those were good too..as long as family is together!!!

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete