Friday, October 25, 2013

Santa's strong hands!!

Good Morning ya'll....so happy you stopped in for a visit. Yesterday I told ya'll that I had started squishing the clay and it is continuing on through today. (if ya ever get really frustrated, just pick up some clay and squish it...it will do ya some good) ^_^




I'm working on Santa's hands today. I love sculpting hands and actually have the perfect pattern to follow when making Santa's or any of my old folk hands. MINE...hehe!!! If you aren't at that stage in life yet then find a good close up photo to follow...it so helps!! As you can see in the first photo, I do all the upfront work at the same time. Make the palms/wrist section, roll out the clay that will be the fingers then cut the fingers so that they will be the same size on each hand. Have my padding ball ready to go. That's what I use to give a bit more strength to the fingers and to add some bulk if needed. Next is the clear transparent clay to make the fingernails. Then I start working. Sometimes I do each finger on each hand one after the other. Then like I did with this set...I finished one of them before the other. It's important to know how your sculpt is going to be positioned too...before starting the hands. This one is going to be waving (with the left) and will have the right one laying in his lap or on the winter lap blanket. (ya know, the one I talked about yesterday that I still haven't decided if I'm going to do...decisions decisions)

Until next time..........Hugs,
Regi

No comments:

Post a Comment