Sunday, December 19, 2010

The List Item #2

Bohemian Bag with felt rose pin attached
Leather & Lace Wristlett with velveteen roses & Earrings
Felt Purse with Mermaid Pin
Large Cuddler Monster
Bag full of Felt/fur Monsters
Bag full of felt/fur animal babies
Cloth sock monkey
Large Rabbit Cuddler
2 year old Keepsake
The leather and lace wristlett is complete and I think it turned out so pretty. I must have my gypsy muse whispering to me because this piece looks and feels the part. I scrunched up a vintage piece of lace that I had on hand and to that I sewed on some pretty purple hued yarn, string and ribbon. Added some glass and silver beading's, velvet handmade roses with pearls and a pretty butterfly charm. Once the lace top piece was complete then I sewed it to a piece of soft black leather. Put sterling silver findings on each end with tiny glass black beads, some links and a closure finding. Attached to one of the closure pieces is a charm I made from tiny crystals beads, silver beads, piece of mother of pearl, tiny peace sign and a tiny sterling silver dragonfly.
I put a few extra links on it, just in case I need to take some off or even extend it some. I couldn't say "Hey ________ (oops..almost said who this gift was for...bad me..hehe) measure your wrist for me, will ya?" LOL She knows that she is getting a handmade gift from her Aunt but I always leave them wondering what in the world it's going to be and with me they have learned that can mean ANYTHING!!  I changed one thing on this gift. I was going to do her some dangling earrings and she does wear earrings...sometimes. Since the keyword about earrings is sometimes I decided to do something that went along with the gypsy feel of the wristlett. I made her a yarn & ribbon scarf or belt...which ever way she wants to wear it.
Now....on to the next gift. Until then....Hugs, Regi

4 comments:

  1. Wow Regi. These pieces look awesome! Love em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Beth. I'm working on the needle felted mermaid now...you might hear me Owie and Ouchie all the way to your house...LOL!!!

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  3. BeaUtiful! I LOVE all the purple (my fave:)) the cuff and all the details you added to it will make such a wonderful gift, she is SO lucky!

    ReplyDelete