Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Creative Pay-it Foward

In January one of my VERY talented artist friends, Shirley Harris, posted this on her Facebook page.  

2013 Creative Pay-It-Forward: The first five people to comment on this status will receive from me, sometime in the the next calendar year, a gift. It could be anything-it will be a surprise-and it will be hand made by me. There will likely be no warning and it will happen whenever the mood strikes me. The catch? Those five people must make the same offer in their facebook status. Make sure you message me your address. This is going to be fun!!

I love to receive surprises in the mail and am so blessed to have friends that do send me surprise gifts from time to time and when it arrives it is usually at a time that I so needed it to happen. I simply could not resist the urge to pay this forward on my FB page as well. I didn't play along just to receive gifts so much (OMGOSH..who am I kidding, I already said I LOVE to get surprise gifts in the mail) but as a way to send gifts out to some of my fellow artistic friends. I had four friends that took up the challenge and I am so excited to be sending them something from me. I'm very excited to receive my gifts too and as a matter of fact....I have received two of mine already.




My sweet friend Janice sent this beautiful handmade gift to me when the Chazman and I were battling that gnarly, nasty flu bug. It came at the perfect time to pick our spirits up. Oh yes, the Chazman gets just as excited about receiving packages in the mail too.  (I tell him it is to both of us) She called it the "HEART IN A HEART". We unwrapped the pretty tissue paper and there was the cutest lil burlap heart with a tiny red rose on top. I was so happy with that, that I didn't even notice that it had something inside of it. The Chazman did though!! Inside the burlap heart was a beautiful paper art heart on a pretty ribbon necklace. We hung them on our Mardi Gras-Valentine tree so we could look at them and enjoy them together. They will both hang in my studio once I change the Holiday tree for next month. Thank you Jan!!



I have followed Shirley Harris's work for awhile now and I just love her whimsical art work. Talk about someone so surprised when we opened the box from her and found this AWESOME plague. I can hardly wait til spring gets here and I can hang it on my front door. Chaz is convinced that Ms. Shirley had us both in mind when she painted this for us. The ladybug and the chick are mine and the frogs are his. Thank you Shirley!!!



Now....I want to apologize for it having been several days since I have posted. Technical difficulties in life have kinda gotten in the way lately!! If you come to visit often then you know I have been working on the monster goodie bags for the Chazman to take to school tomorrow for Valentine's Day and that has taken up a good bit of my time as well. However....I finally finished getting them all put together this morning. Talk about "up to the last minute". Whew!!! Chaz is excited and wished that this morning was tomorrow morning so that he could take them to his classmates...LOL He is sure that they will really like them because we added some cool goodies....like the handmade friendship bracelets....the Heart Pop ring.....Sweet Tart mini hearts.....Fun Dip and a pencil. I tied the tag on the bag without knotting it so that they can open it without tearing it. I'm excited about tomorrow getting here myself...I want to hear how they went over. I had a big bag that I did a few little tags for and that's what all the small bags will travel in. Fingers crossed it isn't raining in the morning.....as it is now!!! Not complaining about the rain though...the Chazman and I love to dance in it!!!

Until next time...........Hugs,
Regi



1 comment: