Tuesday, March 12, 2013

BBQ and Blues time!!

I promised myself and YOU that I was going to post every day this year but it just seems that life can get in the way and not let you do everything you plan to do. Sooo, with that being said...please forgive the few days that I didn't have anything witty or goofy to say. Of course those that know me know me know that I can always come up with witty and goofy things to say...hehe. Life just kinda stepped in front of me and that's all I'm going to say about that. (no one wants to hear boring yatta yatta talk)

It's almost time for the Vernal Equinox and I know that we all look so forward to it. I know that WE do...cause it means that events in the area start happening. Did I hear someone tap on the screen and ask what the heck fire is a Vernal Equinox? Well...it's SPRING!!! March 20th will mark the first day of spring for this year. The time when our days stay lighter longer, temperatures rise and we see the rebirth of flora and fauna. WOOT WOOT!! It also means BBQ and Blues time here and we so look forward to this event every year.


This will be the 5th annual BBQ and Blues and I guarantee that it's going to be even better than the last 4 years. This event is all about who thinks they are the ultimate grill master.....of course...they have to be willing to prove it. It's a cook-off event with three categories that each team could be named best in...like..BEST Q, BEST SAUCE or ANYTHING BUTT. Get it.....BUTT....pork butts...BBQ....ok ok you get it. The best thing is that you get to enjoy all the awesome food being prepared for the judges PLUS some of our local musicians will be there to entertain while you enjoy that ohhh sooo good BBQ along with some St Patty's Day green draft beer. Yes..I said green...not as in not brewed long enough but as in the color green. I have to admit that I pass on that and drink some good ole sweet Southern tea. HEY..they should have a sweet tea contest..just sayin!!  You don't have to worry about the kiddos being entertained either because there will be tons of activities geared just towards them. They also have a silent auction and I have donated one of my Santa pieces....Santa and the Polar Bear.


I hope that he brings in some good money for the Chamber because all the money that the silent auction raises goes back into the community. We live in such a wonderful community....you should come and visit, especially this coming weekend!!

I have a good friend that she and her hubbikins are some of the hard working folks that make this event happen. Matter of fact, her hubbikins, Gene Moore, is the artist behind the poster for the event. Such a talent he is. I bet your saying to yourself  "yeah yeah...of course Regi would say a family member is talented" but he isn't a family member. Well...actually he and Shannon are....not blood relations but family members of the heart.  Shannon came over the other day to pick up the Santa piece and I showed her my BBQ pin and one earring. YIKES...one earring. AVAST...that would be making me a pirate then and mes no such a thing....this week anyways.  Arrg arrg arggg!! She really liked it and wanted to know if she could borrow it for the event. I'm giving it to Shannon as a gift and I even made her a new pair of earrings to go with it.


I'm always happy when friends come to visit and really, really happy when they come to visit and ask me to make them something special to give to a friend. Shannon really likes my little desk sitters and asked if I could make......get ready for it......a little pig. Well....seeing how I would be making her piggie earrings I knew that I would be in a piggie kind of mood and be very happy to make one.  I think she turned out adorable.



She will look so cute sitting on a shelf with a photo, postcard or favorite saying. I hope Shannon's friend just goes oinkers over it. HAHAHA....sorry..just couldn't resist.

Until next time..............Hugs,
Regi

No comments:

Post a Comment