Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sculpting, Designing and Condo/Beach house cleaning

It's going to be a VERY interesting spring I must say. I was happily working on some jewelry pieces when my friend that I'm working for cleaning condos and beach houses gave me a "frantic" call. I do mean "FRANTIC" too. She asked if I was busy and before I could even answer (yes..she was that frantic) she asked if I could go and help Ray (that's her husband and partner in the cleaning company) with a project at one of the condo units. A project...I LOVE projects so of course I said yes. Now the project was trying to weed through all the mess that a group of spring breakers left behind in the unit. OH MY GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY what a mess!! I started working after the spring break last year so I haven't a clue as to how WILD some of these folks can be. Now I know that they come down to have a good time...I mean I know it's the beach....but they really should stop and "think" before they do some of the things they do. I won't go into details but I will say that we had to throw out all of the towels. (just use your imagination)  EWWWW!! Rest assured that they WON'T be renting any future condos from this particular owner again either.

I was only gone for about an hour and a half. I was just there to help clean up the not normal mess and then the ones assigned to clean it did their thing. I did quietly ask Ray who was in the houses I was cleaning this weekend and he looked at me and smiled and said...SPRING BREAKERS!!! Again....OH MY GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY....I'm going to really earn my money this weekend.

Like I said in the beginning...I was working on some of my jewelry pieces. My mermaid muse was in my studio today and was whispering some really good ideas. I made a pretty pair of earrings...they hang about 2 inches from the silver fish hook. Dyed (green) pearls, a piece of polished jade, glass beads and tiny pieces of green sea glass will surely bring your mermaid muse out to play.


I finished the macrame bracelet I was working on when I got home from working on the "project"...hehe. I used natural hemp and dark green hemp to make the bracelet and then added one of my mermaid head clay charms along with one of my clay turtle charms attached to a natural shell with a pearl. Glass beads are woven into the bracelet as well as strung on the side dangles. I finished it with one of my twisted square knot closures. It is adjustable to fit a small wrist or a larger wrist.



Now tomorrow I'm sure I won't be working in my studio as I am cleaning a beach house....so don't be surprised when you hear from where ever you are "OH MY GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY". It will only be me...^_^

Until next time............Hugs,
Regi

Ooohhh.....for those that have been reading my post for awhile and know about Gabie and Pumpkin, our kittens, I thought you might like to see some new photos of them. Here's two....their two favorite places to be during the day...in my lap....and sitting on the arm of my chair...patiently waiting for me to turn my head so they can pounce see what I'm working on.

 Had to put my arm across or Gabie was going to get a real close up..hehe
OMGOSH....I just noticed that Gabie is sticking her tongue out..hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment