Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 a day to NEVER forget....

Today is a day that most Americans reflect on with so many different emotions. I think a part of each one of us died on that day. I didn't know anyone personally in the towers but my heart ached for those that lost their lives that day as if I did. I think that horrible event made all of us connected. There were no strangers amongst us. People reaching out to help in what ever way they could....a city of heroes emerged. To the families that lives were changed forever on that day I send my thoughts and prayers, my hopes and longings that one day they will find peace in their lives. I know that they will never forget and I know the pain and loss will be with them always but I hope they know that they will never be alone. May today's memories of that day eight years ago not only remind us of the lives lost but of the Unity of a Nation that was reestablished...that we are not strangers to one another but connected and we should not let that connection be broken....that WE all stand side by side, eyes looking upward..not at what could bring us down but what could lift us up!!!!

A moment of silence, remembrance and pray to send to all the ones lost that day, to all the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, spouses and children left behind, to all the ones that didn't give up the search and to those that continue to keep our FREEdom free. May WE always REMEMBER 9/11. God Bless us and keep us and always walk beside us.

No comments:

Post a Comment