Thursday, January 13, 2011

Valentine's Faery

With eyes as green as emeralds
and hair as dark as night
A tiny faerie gives a wish
a wish of faerie sight

She sits upon a little box
a special gift you see
The reason it's so special
It's just for you from me

Whenever you are lonely
Or even feeling blue
You only have to hold this gift
And know I think of you

You never can unwrap it
Please leave the bows all tied
Just hold the box close to your heart
It's filled with love inside



Ruby is a true protector of all things having to do with love and the heart. She is one of my gently poseable ooaks. Head/torso, hands and feet sculpted out of Living Doll clay. Hand painted using acrylic paints. Her wings were made with wire and then embroidered using silk thread. Crystals sewn on to give then a simple elegance. She has a strong wire armature underneath a body wrapped in wool yarn. Silk ribbon was used to make her sleeves and skirt. Her hair is lambswool. (sheared only) She is wearing a necklace made with vintage glass beads and a tiny golden heart. Her roses are some of my hand twisted silk ribbon roses. Her Ted E Bear is a tiny stuffed bear with a beautiful red ribbon attached. The same ribbon I use for my roses. Ruby sits at 6" and that includes her wing tips. She is attached to the box and like the poem states...the box can never be opened. You wouldn't want to lose the gift of faerie sight and release the love inside it....now would you?





Ruby is was going to be placed in my Etsy shoppe but she has found her a new home already. I know she will be will taken care of....thank you Janene!!

Until next time.....Hugs from the heart, Regi

6 comments:

  1. She is lovely! As always, the attention to detail is what makes her extra specially wonderful to me- those eyes, hands and my new fave, the feet- all are fabulous. Then you added in the poem and all those beautiful little ribbons and such, I LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet and what a nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love her!!!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is totally awesome--hope someone snatches her up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is realy beautiful!! I love fairies, the have that something to dream off, don;t you think?

    ReplyDelete