Friday, December 11, 2009

Soooo excited....named in the Harrison Brothers Newsletter!!!!!

Another wonderful thing has happened on my ooaks journey out into the world. They have been listed in the Harrison Brothers Newsletter. Of course, I was given a mention too and am excited beyond belief. I cried when I opened up my email this morning and started reading the letter. Tears of joy and excitement!!!!!!       I know that some of you are saying to yourself..."she cried?". To have been an artist all my life and to have always just given my wee ones away because I never had the confidence to try and sell them....this is an honor that I really have no words to fully describe what I am feeling at this moment. I have people that believe in me...that have given me and my ooaks a chance to do what up til now I have only dreamed about.
Thank you Ginger....for giving us this chance!!!

Here is the link to the museum so you can sign up for the newsletter. For the life of me I can not figure out how to post it here so you can read it. I hope you will sign up for it (it's FREE and we all love free) There are some wonderful artist displayed there and the museum itself is a wonderous trip back into time.

Welcome to Harrison Brothers

Until next time,

Hugs,
Regi

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Regi. Stopping by from SITS. I, too, am a self-taught artist and am so excited to find you. Congrats on Harrison Brothers. It's always so exciting when we find a new avenue to share our work, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen....thank you so much for stopping by. Thank you for the congrats too..I'm just sooo excited and yes it is wonderful when we find our place!!! Hugs, Regi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww thank you so much. Hugs, Regi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm so pleased for you..very well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm stopping by for the first time from SITS, so I want to say Congratulations because I think that's the right thing to say, even though I've never heard of the Harrison newsletter and don't really know what that means. Does it mean your art is now listed somewhere fro sale? Also, I scrolled down a bit and saw the christmas ornaments you were giving away and wondered if you made those. They are so cute!

    Anyway, hope you have a good weekend and thank you for educating me on what ooaks stands for.

    - Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret...thank you so much for stopping by. Harrison Brothers is one of the oldest original hardware stores in the southeast. It is a museum now and yes my ooaks are for sale there. They accept Alabama artist work and display and sell it in the museum gift shop. I was the featured artist for this month. Awww..thanks about my weebies (ornaments). Yes I made/make those. You can take the hooks off of them and sit them on your desk too.

    Thank you again for stopping by. I hope you will come back for a visit. I love making things and sharing them thru photos. (I make everything posted in my blog-I call it my therapy!!!)

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting!! First of all, thanks for stopping by and for your wonderful comments.

    And a huge Congratulations to you!! What a great honor and how exciting that you were chosen and listed in the newsletter. I love your weebies. They are the cutest thing.

    What a fun blog and wonderful talent you have!

    Have a great weekend,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much Debbie. I am even more excited as one of my ooaks sold yesterday. I knew they would whisper to someone to take them home..;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great!! Congrats on the sale, I know how exciting that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I called everyone I knew and told them...hehehe!! I have sold in the past but I have never had my ooaks in a shop before so it's just so exciting. Did I mention how excited I was? *_*

    ReplyDelete