Monday, November 22, 2010

Today is a very GOOD DAY!!!!

I soooo can not believe this. I was sitting here drinking my coffee and reading my email when one popped up from BHG. I figured it was one of those "Thank you for your participation in our latest photo contest...However, you were not selected as our winner this week". Not that this would bother me because I was so honored that two of my ooaks (one of a kind sculpts) photos were actually chosen TO participate in all of the 100's of photos that were submitted. Was I so wrong when I opened that email. Another one of my ooaks has been selected to participate in this week's "Thanksgiving Decorating Photo Contest".
Santa and the Mrs.
I designed this ooaks to show Santa in another Holiday setting. Yes, you guessed...Thanksgiving!!! No one makes better pumpkin pies than his Mrs. I had so much fun with this one.  I'm one of those that "Truly Believe" in Santa and love to show him in other settings. This one had some fun moments that I shared with you here as my muse sat whispering to me. Let me recap some of the process for those that are my "new friends and for those that might have missed or forgotten. Click on the title below each photo to go to the original post.



 

I hope you enjoyed the look back at how this ooaks came to be. I am so proud of this grouping. It has been to a Holiday exhibit last Christmas at the Harrison Brothers Musuem. It is in the Foley Trim-A-Tree Christmas event this year (and for sale by the way...so if coming through Foley, please stop by the Foley PAA Art gallery..so many wonderful artist..so many awesome gifts to be bought) Now, it's getting a chance for so many to them in the BHG photo contest this week. So, please go and vote. Vote each day until the 28th. Share with YOUR friends on Facebook. The more votes the better Santa's chances are of winning this week's contest. What would I win you ask? The winner of the weekly contest gets $100 and the chance to move to the Grand prize contest, which is $1000 and a chance for the photo to be published in an issue of the Better Homes and Gardens magazine. How AWESOME is that. Now, what are you waiting on...GO VOTE!

 


 

5 comments:

  1. I already voted today!!! This is SUCH a great set and how can I not love a pet who shares my name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower!
    I would love a follow back!

    http://www.imlivingthethriftylife.blogspot.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you promise to still remember me when you're all rich and famous??? HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the feature to you too!! :-) Thanks so much for the kind comment on my Santa. I can see how much passion you have for your art...you put such care into each piece. They are so fun and so *intricate*. :-)

    ReplyDelete