Monday, November 19, 2012

Vintage toys for Santa


Remember these guys from the other day's posting? I have been switching back and forth working on Santa and then painting these clay vintage toys. I have the elephant, tiger and the Elf in the box painted so I thought I would show them to you. Ready? Here comes the toys............


Al....the elephant pull toy. 


Aubie...the tiger pull toy

These little guys will be either peeking out of Santa's bag or sitting in front of him....my muse hasn't told me which yet. ^_^  Don't ya like their names? Can't imagine where I came up with them from..hehe!!!


Elsie.....Elf in a Box

This cutie is Elsie. She is a "Elf in a Box". Santa will be holding Elsie in his hand, ready to put her under the tree for that good little boy or girl. I mean, who doesn't like a jack elf in a box!!!


Any one ready for some cookies....yummy chocolate chip, peanut butter or Hershey's kiss?  If the answer was yes,then go bake us all some, will ya?  HEHE..sorry, just couldn't resist. My muse made me do it.
These NOM NOM's are going with another Santa I'm working on. He will be holding his plate of cookies in one hand and a cookie in the other.  I have had this little china plate for almost 30 years and decided now would be a perfect time to use it. OK OK....I had it put up in a box and had totally forgotten about it until I found it looking for something else. It is perfect for the piece though. Santa and cookies just go together like peanut butter and jelly!!

I guess it's back to working or playing or both actually. Such a grand life it is....being an artist...that gets to relive her childhood playing with clay and dressing up characters. 

Until next time..........Hugs,
Regi


Oh yes.....I have been trying to post to my Etsy shop and it just ain't happening so if anyone is interested in any of the Santa's I have made so far and would like to purchase, please send me an email and we will discuss travel arrangements. ^_^  That is until Wednesday afternoon....they are all going to the gallery and can be purchased there. HUGS

No comments:

Post a Comment