Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gosh Darn CAT!!!!!!





My two old girls, Boo and Callie, are normally very laid back and never bother anything in the house. UNTIL this morning. This morning was the Chazman's Christmas program at school and I left Boo sleeping peacefully on the top of the piesafe in the back room. (where my art studio area is) Miss Callie went outside to enjoy the sunshine when I went to leave. I didn't have a care in the world and so enjoyed the program and getting to sit with Chaz during all the other classes doing their parts. I left the program with a smile, a big hug and thank you from my young man and I sang Christmas carols all the way home....so Happy Happy!!
UNTIL I walked in the house and went to the back to find Boo sitting on my desk and batting the egg part of the piece off the desk, sending it crashing to the floor and into a gazillion pieces. I could not believe what I just witnessed. My Boo wouldn't do that....she must have been possessed. Yes yes..that's what it must have been and that's what I thought. UNTIL.....she jumped off the desk and started batting all the pieces all over the place. It seems she made herself a playtoy and it seems she got herself booted (gently) out the back door.

I only have today and tomorrow to get this piece completely finished. Remember, it's a Christmas gift to the Chazman from me and I do NOT want him to know about it. I was so upset and frustrated until all of a sudden a thought popped into my head. Perhaps that wasn't the right egg to go with this piece, so my muse in all of her infinite wisdom possessed Boo so that I would have to make another one. Yes, yes that was it and so I designed a different egg.



This is the egg right before I put it in to cure. The lil dragon fits perfectly inside and I really like this one much, MUCH better. I guess the saying is true "Everything happens for a reason" but my muse and I are going to have to sit down and have a longgggg talk about my cats.

Until next time.......Hugs,
Regi

No comments:

Post a Comment