Friday, December 20, 2013

Whew...that was close!!!

I have been up since early this morning working on the Chazman's dragon and egg. I'm so happy that I did get up early too because just as I was putting it in my art cabinet to hide it until I can get a box for it the Chazman comes bee bopping back to tell me Good Morning. Talk about a close call....a close call indeed!!!





As you can see, he can take the dragon out of the egg. Not sure he will after the first time but I wanted him to be able to see the wings. The egg is sitting on top of a small wooden base covered in spanish moss. Years ago a friend sent me the pretty polished natural stones that are sitting next to the egg. Perfect for this piece...the Chazman loves stones and rocks. The largest one on the left is call a sunstone, the clear one is quartz, the large green on the right is jasper and the two small ones are apricot agate. The feathers are pheasant feathers. I so hope he likes his dragon this year!!

I'm going to go fix me some hot tea, prop my feet up and read for a bit. I have all the gifts made that I need to make and all I have to do now is go out with the crazy masses tomorrow and get Chaz a few small gifts to go with the dragon. Yeah yeah....I know...I'm one of the crazy mass folks!!

Until next time......Hugs,
Regi

2 comments:

  1. OOOHHHHHH that is so awesome!!!! You are so talented and cleaver too.
    Wishing you and the family a wonderful happy Christmas and the best 2014
    CF
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! What a close call! Chaz is going to love this one, love the little scales and I see he is already starting on his little hoard with the semi-precious stones. Nicely done! Merry Christmas, Regi!

    ReplyDelete