Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bump de Bump de bump!!!!

I guess ya'll have figured out why there hasn't been a post for a few day, yes? I told ya I was addicted and please help me...cause I just can't STOP!!!   For those just visiting today for the first time...I am addicted to making ornaments...just so ya know..hehe

I have had some commission orders for them and that has kept me busy and that's a GOOD thing!!! That I had some orders not keeping busy. I'm always busy piddling and a potching doing sumthin!!! (one of those Southern sayings)


One of my best friends and the mother of my godson contacted me and wanted me to do a special ornament in remembrance of her twins (a boy and girl) she had recently lost. This one was hard to do, thinking about my sweet friend having to deal with the sadness and loss of her precious little ones. She is a strong woman and even though the loss hurt, she knew that God decided to call them back home to be with him. I love you Ber!!!






Next, I had a request for a group of angels. I love making my angels. I'm getting to use some items that I have had for some time now....just sitting in a box....covered in dust. It feels so good to be able to share some of my treasures with others. A good bit of my images come from one AWEmazing site, The Graphics Fairy. (like my favorite and most requested angel face) If you're looking for vintage images please make sure to go and check out Karen's site.






Another wanted Santa....lots and lots of Santas!!! I'm really happy with how this grouping turned out. They are so beary cute, eh?  HeHe  The last one is for "Baby's First Christmas" and I love the little vintage baby image I had.


This one I'm making to hang on our tree. (I can of course make one for YOU too...just sayin) I love candy canes and was told the story when I was young about what it represented this time of year. I know it's hard to read on here so here's what the ornie says:

Look at a Candy cane, what do you see?
Stripes that are red, like the blood shed for me.
White is for my Savior
Who's sinless and pure.
"J" is for Jesus
My Lord, that's for sure
Turn it around and a staff 
you will see
Jesus my sheperd
was born for me


Have you ordered YOUR chenille bump ornies yet? Ohhh I'm just kidding...well...no, I'm not actually. ^_^

Until next time.........Hugs,
Regi

3 comments:

  1. Your ornament creations are so beautiful! They have such a vintage look which I absolutely love!

    I really love your poem behind the meaning of the candy cane. I had no idea that there was a story behind them. Thank you for sharing! The ornaments are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. the loss of a child has to be the hardest thing in life. I lost my baby due to a miscarriage. It's so hard to deal with even to this day. that was 25 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as for making a piece of handmade thoughtfulness, i just finished up a beautiful necklace for a customers mom. she lost her uncle just recently so i made a necklace to memorialize him. The copper charm says 'God gave us you' and the back side says 'Meant to be'. He passed away from a battle with Cancer. It was hard making it, but the thoughts will mean the world to her mom.

    ReplyDelete