Monday, July 27, 2009

Santa is coming along....

I can't believe that another weekend has come and gone. I guess the saying "Time flies when you're having fun" is so true!!!!! I worked on finishing the needle felting on the body and then started on his outfit. I decided that his wee feet looked cold so I started there. I made him some thick warm black socks and some fur lined felt slippers. (Chaz wants me to make him a pair now..LOL) The socks are actually cut from the top of real socks and then stitched to just the right size. I made the slippers out of flat felt....cut out the shoe pieces....stitched together with a blanket stitch all the way around and then lined them in warm fur. We can't have Santa's feet getting cold now...can we?




I'm working on the outfit itself now. I have chosen a handsome brown/black/red/white plaid for his trousers. A soft red flannel for his ruffled shirt and a green/black sock for his sweater. Yes, I said sock for the sweater...LOL!!! It is amazing what you can use for doll clothes. Of course, it is a new sock...not a smelly stinky used one. I would never do that or at least I would never tell anyone that I did ;) Hugs, Regi



No comments:

Post a Comment